Does anybody suffer from very puffy uncomfortable ankles?

Are you on water pill?

Do u notice when it gets worse?

any comments appreciated

Tammy

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

Hi  tammy,

I  occassionally have  puffy  ankles  and  feet.   What  causes?   For me  it's  Sodium  and  sitting  for long  periods of  time  (at the  computer  :(  )   It  can  also  mean  poor  circulation.

I  was  given  diuretics  to  take  when  I  need  it.     I  had  heard that long  term  of  diuretics  can  damage  the  kidneys.  I  asked   a  neph,  and he  confirmed  it.          I  don't  like  to  take it  too  often,  especially when I  know  what's  causing  the  swellling/puffiness.     So  if I  absolutely  need  it, I  take  it.  But  I try  to  cut  down  sodium  and   take   breaks    from the  comuter.

Take  care!  :)

Marina       

Hi Tammy.  I get it in my face an ankles all the time.  I am on furosemide(generic for lasix).  It helps, but not as much as I would like.  I am waiting for a kidney.  If you are having problems, maybe you can ask your doc for a script.

Hi Tammy,

I am new to the group.  I received a kidney in December, 2010 and that is the one thing that really bugs me.  My kidney in on right side and my left ankle puffs up like a donut, at time.  The dr. told me the kidney drains a lot of the blood supply and that contributes to the swelling.  I am not sure I believe him but I'll leave it at that for now.

I have very bad neuropathy in my feet; between that and the swelling the feet and waking are a little uncomfortable.  I just do what I have to do.

Keep the faith!

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Cathy Mcferrin and Karen Weddick are now friends
1 hour ago
David Goodman commented on Lili Feldman's group The Funny Bone
"Jake was dying. His wife sat at the bedside.              He looked up and said weakly:              'I have something I must confess.'         …"
4 hours ago
"A mortician was working late one night.              He examined the body of Mr. Schwartz,              about to be cremated,              and…"
4 hours ago
"A married man was having an affair              with his secretary.              One day they went to her place              and made love all…"
4 hours ago
"Nominated as the world's best short joke A 3-year-old boy examined his testicles while taking a bath. 'Mom', he  asked, 'Are these my brains?'  'Not yet,' she replied.  "
4 hours ago
Cathy Mcferrin posted a blog post

Thanks for the sweet welcome to this site! Im in the insurance phase , testing which my insurance paid for about $30,00 worth of testing. Can I ask how long did you have to wait once you were on the …

Thanks for the sweet welcome to this site!Im in the insurance phase , testing which my insurance paid for about $30,00 worth of testing.Can I ask how long did you have to wait once you were on the list?I have hepatic encephalopathy and have been to hospital twice in less than 6 months. The first visit I was pretty much out of my head. Finally adjusting the lactulose and x drug . Everyone I came in contact with was just rubbing me the wrong way.Second visit finally got the lactulose working right. Thanks to Dr. Panel one of the transplant doctors in Baptist Hospital Oklahoma City.See More
11 hours ago
Prem Dayal replied to Prem Dayal's discussion Having a single Peg of Whiskey after liver transplant, will it kill me?
"Hi thanks for the advise, Currently I am taking Prograf 1mg twice a day, also I had my medical test done last week and everything was normal except indirect bilirubin, which was 1.57 (should be max 0.80). Also the cause of my liver failure was…"
yesterday
A. Front replied to Prem Dayal's discussion Having a single Peg of Whiskey after liver transplant, will it kill me?
"A little bit of alcohol now and then will not kill you however, I don't know what medications you take. You should check and see if any say not to take with alcohol. If you have hep C or any other kind of hepatitis,stay away from…"
yesterday
Lili Feldman commented on Lili Feldman's group The Funny Bone
"This is def a David joke. Cute David."
yesterday
Cathy Mcferrin shared a profile on Facebook
yesterday
Cathy Mcferrin updated their profile
yesterday
Cathy Mcferrin joined Gabrielle's group
Thumbnail

Liver Transplants

This is a group for all people who have had liver transplants. Feel free to say how long you have been a recipient and what medication you are on. Some doctors hope to have their patients off all medications, any thoughts?
yesterday
Cathy Mcferrin posted photos
yesterday
Karen Weddick left a comment for Cathy Mcferrin
"Hi Cathy: I’d like to welcome you to the Transplant Café. You are now a member of a warm, friendly, supportive, caring, understanding, sensitive and informative site. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask and…"
Monday
" A Christmas Story   When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the Pre-Christmas pressure. Then Mrs. Claus told Santa her Mother was coming to…"
Monday
Cathy Mcferrin is now a member of TransplantCafe.com - The Gift of eLife!
Monday

quick links!

follow transplant cafe:

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to TransplantCafe

Meet Members by Transplant Type

Heart Kidney
Liver Single Lung
Double Lung Pancreas
Intestinal Bone Marrow
Tissue Kidney / Pancreas
Other Transplant

Badge